If you enjoy the outdoors and don’t mind digging in the dirt and challenging yourself consider volunteering in one of our environmental protection programs; theses projects offer a wide range of environmental activities aiming to restore and help preserving World’s natural wonders.
The whole world depends heavily on environment and natural resources. However, these resources are subjected to environmental problems that put the economic and environmental sustainabilty at risk. Due to soil degradation, deforestation, drainage of wetlands, loss of biodiversity, pollution and unsanitary conditions the future of humanity at risk.
Volunteering in this program you can help to support and develop some of the most precious natural spaces while providing alternatives to incorporate the needs of local communities.
We have established partnerships with a number of community groups and environmental projects that promote responsible initiatives around the world.
You might assist communities with the design, establishment and management of tree nurseries, tree planting, reforestation activities and also help in community gardens that generate food to poor families. Through these activities you should help to reduce pressure on natural forests and contribute to forest protection, while creating sustainable livelihoods for community members.
Depending on the season tasks may include, but not limited to:
- Planting, seeding, helping in organic gardens;
- Offer educational workshops in schools;
- Help to build and maintain ecological treks;
- Develop socio-environmental projects;
- Promote eco-tourism initiatives;
- Help to create alternative solutions to the ever-increasing environmental problems created by plastic residues, waste, and pollution;
- Inventorying plants;
- You may prepare vegetable gardens & nursery beds. These vegetables are later distributed to the local communities for free.
Skills needed for environment and environment protection programs
No prerequisite skills are necessary for environmental programs, but please note that many of the projects are quite physical and dependent of seasonal conditions. Volunteers should be motivated, enthusiastic and in good physical condition.